I appreciate your interest in my blog, but I am not currently accepting any review requests. My to-be-read pile is too massive. I wouldn’t be able to review your book in a timely manner, and then I’d feel bad. I will update this page when I start accepting review requests. Thank you!
What I Read
The best way to learn about my favorite types of books is to read this blog. When I find a book I love, I blog about it. A lot.
My reading tastes are pretty diverse. I prefer to judge a book by its synopsis and not its genre. If the synopsis sounds interesting, I’ll read it. That being said, here are some genres and subjects that usually interest me.
- Young adult / middle grade / crossover
- Horror / thriller
- Soft science fiction
- Dystopian / apocalyptic
- Literary fiction
- Creative nonfiction
- Short story collections
- Wilderness survival / stories set in remote locations
- Character-driven stories
- Thought-provoking stories
- Books with experimental or unusual structures
- Historical fiction / nonfiction (as long as it doesn’t read like a textbook)
- Realistic stories about cults (I will be brutally hard on these if I find holes in the research)
- Magical realism
- Anything weird, different, or experimental
What I Don’t Read
There are no subjects or genres that I refuse to read. Feel free to email me a synopsis of any book. However, these kinds of stories most likely will not interest me.
- New adult
- Romance / books where the romance is the main focus of the story
- “Fluffy” stories or anything that can be called “A fun summer beach read”
- Poorly edited books
- Plays / screenplays
- High fantasy
- Paranormal / vampires / werewolves
- Fairytale retellings
- Christian / spiritual books
- Books in the middle of a series
Formats I Accept
Print books or ebooks. Ebooks must work on a Kindle Paperwhite. I do accept ARCs.
Where I Get My Books
The majority of my reviews are of books that I bought for myself. I also sometimes review books that I’m forced to read for my master’s degree. If I receive a book in exchange for a review, I will state that in the review. As of right now, I do not get paid for reviews. The way I acquire a book does not influence my review of that book.
Where I Post My Reviews
How I Review
All of my reviews are 100% honest and 100% my opinion. I review books, not authors or publishing companies. None of my reviews should be interpreted as personal attacks.
I have never read a perfect book. There are successful and unsuccessful elements in every story. I do my best to write a balanced review that mentions the positives and the negatives.
I use star ratings on Goodreads and Amazon, but I do not put them on my blog.
I do post reviews of books that I disliked. I cannot guarantee a positive review of any book.
If I disliked a book so much that I did not finish (DNF) it, I still post a review. I will do my best to explain what made me DNF the book.
When I Review
I usually post my reviews on Mondays and Wednesdays. If you need your review posted on a certain date, I can do that.
I do accept self-published books. I review them the same way that I would review a book from a traditional publishing company. Please be aware that sloppy editing (both grammar and content) distracts me so much that it can ruin my reading experience. All of the books that I’ve DNFed in the past two years have been self-published books with sloppy editing. Please edit your book before sending it out for review. I never expect perfection, but even an ARC should be readable.
How To Request A Review
Click the E-mail button below (or in the sidebar) and tell me about your book.
- Publishing company / self-published
- Detailed synopsis
- Is it an ARC? (Release date, if it is)
- Amazon and Goodreads links (if available)
- Date you’d need the review posted
- Anything else you want to tell me
I’ll e-mail you back and let you know if I can review the book. Thank you for your interest in my blog.