The Sunday Post is hosted by The Caffeinated Book Reviewer. It’s a chance to recap the past week, talk about next week, and share news. It’s Monday, What Are You Reading? is hosted by Book Date. I get to tell you what I’ve read recently.
Can you believe I’ve written 100 Sunday Posts? That’s a lot of Sundays and posts, people!
On The Blog Last Week
- On Monday I reviewed The Optician of Lampedusa by Emma-Jane Kirby.
- On Tuesday I showed you some recent disturbing additions to my TBR list.
- On Wednesday I reviewed Fairy Tales from the Brothers Grimm by Jacob and Wilhelm Grimm.
- On Thursday we talked about those times I almost accidentally died.
On The Blog This Week
- On Monday I review Smoke by Dan Vyleta.
- On Wednesday I review Most Dangerous: Daniel Ellsberg and the Secret History of the Vietnam War by Steve Sheinkin.
As you can see, blog posts will be scarce this week. Real life has been busy. I’m up to many secret nefarious deeds, and they have eaten into my blogging time. I’m sorry if I owe you an email/comment/social media reply. I promise I’m working on it.
In My Reading Life
Last week I finished rereading Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince by J.K. Rowling. Then I pulled a random unread book off my TBR shelf and stared at it for a few minutes. Then I thought, Screw it, I wanna read Harry Potter, so I reread Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows. Right now, I’m reading The Girls by Emma Cline.
In The Rest Of My Life
Five things that made me happy last week:
- Facebook and Twitter loved my blog last week. Thank you to all the humans and Internet-addicted robots who share my posts on social media.
- I ran farther than I’ve ever run outside. It was hot too, and I barely complained at all. That’s progress. Running outside is still way harder for me than running on a treadmill.
- Rereading Harry Potter.
- Some of my sunflowers are getting tall. I hope they really do grow to 12 feet like the seed package promised. I want a giant flower. A few of my sunflowers are also dying, but we don’t need to talk about those.
- I’m halfway done with my Goodreads reading challenge. Unless I start slacking (which is always a strong possibility), I’ll meet my reading goal this year.
Take care of yourselves and be kind to each other! See you around the blogosphere!